What a great weekend!

Welcome to my sub-forum for pretty much anything else. When I’m no longer sequestered by the bounds of institutional education, I find myself free to plot my diabolical schemes for world conquest. As they arise, I’ll post any thoughts I have here for the consumption of you my loyal subjects.

Feel free to start new topics of your own and reply to any existing ones.
mightymulhern

What a great weekend!

Post by mightymulhern »

This week, I met my daddy’s parents for the 2nd time (last time was Christmas). They came for a visit on Friday afternoon and picked me up at school. I had just gone to sleep when they arrived so I was kind of dopey and not really feeling like playing. I perked up though. Unfortunately I’ve got a bit of a cold so I wasn’t the social butterfly I usually am. With this cough you’d think I’d been smoking for the late 20 years…. Er um 5 months.

I got so much attention; I thought I was going to explode. Everyone wanted to talk to me, pick me up, and play with me. We went for a walk around the block. Papau bounced me on his knee and helped steady me as I jumped up and down. Little did anyone know I could actually jump. Nana Laura fed me and played with me all weekend. It was great. I was so excited I just couldn’t nap for more than 30 minutes at a time. I’m beat, but I hope they come back when I’m feeling a little better and can play longer. I’m eager to show them how I can talk, but my throat was just too sore.

In addition to my cold, unfortunately all this milk has me a little bound up and I haven’t had a “BM” (that’s what they call it at school) since last Thursday. It’s coming though. I had some really embarrassing gassy moments when mommy, daddy, and Nana Laura about passed out. It was so embarrassing. At one point, Daddy actually picked me up and took me out of the room. How will I ever live this down!

Between my cold and my intestinal issues, my tummy wasn’t very strong either. I had a few episodes on the dining room table and the couch where I just couldn’t keep my milk down. Hopefully Nana Laura wasn’t too upset about her pants. I don’t even know when it’s coming. It just happens. ...I got Mommy this morning too... and Daddy a little bit this evening.

On Sunday night I was so sad to see Nana and Papau go. Mommy & Daddy wanted me to go to sleep, but I just couldn’t. I stayed up until they left. I could barely keep my eyes open, but I wanted to stay up and say good-bye. Then I pretty much crashed hard. I just can't stay awake all day yet as much as I want to.

Well, I need to close for now. I’m not allowed to use the computer after 7:00 and Mommy & Daddy think I’m sleeping. I need to catch a few Z’s before I wake them up at 1am again for another game of charades (that’s where I call them from the other room and make them go through a few rounds of guessing to figure out what I want). They seem to like the game, but sometimes I’d rather just sleep through the night and make them wait until morning to play with me. Oh well. Take care everyone.

Love,
Sydney

Mom&DadMulhern

Re: What a great weekend!

Post by Mom&DadMulhern »

It was a really great weekend, Sydney, and we miss you very much. Take care of Mommy and Daddy!

Love,
Nana

Emily

Re: What a great weekend!

Post by Emily »

Sounds like a great weekend!! Still coughing? Poor baby! Tell Syd that Kendall and Aunite Emily miss her so much! We can't wait to see her again. Give her a big smooch :D